Welcome to Scott Hydro-Electric
• Mostly used in Mini and Micro Hydropower production
• Ideal for low head conditions as low as 20 feet of vertical drop
• The flat efficiency curve yields better annual performance than other turbine systems
• Excellent behavior with partial load or low stream flow
• Well suited for unattended electricity production.
• Its construction makes it easier to maintain than other turbine types
• There are only three rotating components
• Almost no turbine noise
• Self cleaning. No runner cleaning is necessary
• No dam required-simple diversion up stream or any water source meeting requirements
Cross Flow Turbine
Unlike most water turbines which have axial or radial flows, in a cross-flow turbine, water passes through the turbine transversely or across the turbine blades. As with a water wheel, the water is admitted at the turbine's edge. After passing the runner, it leaves on the opposite side. Going through the runner twice provides additional efficiency. When the water leaves the runner, it also helps clean the runner of small debris and pollution. The cross-flow turbine is a low-speed machine that is well suited for locations with low head.
The Advantages of Cross Flow turbines are:
• Designed & Manufactured for years of maintenance free service
• System runs 24/7---365 days a year in all weather conditions
• Turbine housing constructed of heat treated aluminum with powder coated finish
• Entire assembly made out of non-corrosive material
• Bearings are double sealed permanently lubed stainless steel
• The runner, shaft and fasteners are made from 300 series stainless steel.
• Alternator is (permanent magnet) 3-phase AC direct drive with no gear box---increases reliability
• high voltage AC output for long line transmission capability
• 3-phase rectifier changes AC to DC for battery charging
• Generator is capable of up to 2000 watts. These figures will vary according to each installation.
• Made in the United States of America
With a nozzle opening of 5.25" X .75"
13 PSI of water is enough to power your home